KT9000 RF Detector User Manual + Instructional Video
Peace. Privacy. Protection.
The professional-grade KNIGHT KT9000 anti-spy detector was developed including premium German and US military technology in response to the growing need to protect oneself from many types of security threats. As electronic products become smaller and more intelligent, spy devices like hidden cameras, audio bugs, and GPS trackers are becoming more difficult to detect because of their small size and camouflage. Although these electronic spy devices do have legal uses, many people have started using them to illegally invade privacy and/or obtain sensitive information, leading to private information leaks or the theft of confidential business information. The KNIGHT KT9000 will help you to perform the 3 main functions listed below at an expert level.
- Radio Frequency Detection
- Magnetic Detection
- Camera Discovery Scan
Step 1: Plug it in and turn it on by turning the sensitivity dial clockwise.
Step 2: Enjoy the added benefits of having a KNIGHT at your side!
AFTER you have read this entire manual and watched our instructional video. if you still have questions or issues, please feel free to email us at Hello@Knightsecurity.com or call our US-based customer support at +1 224 477 5846 and we’ll be happy to help.
RADIO FREQUENCY DETECTION
Most Spy devices (i.e. audio bugs, hidden cameras, and GPS trackers), emit some type of wireless radio frequency (RF) signal to transmit the collected information (i.e. audio or video footage) to the spying individual.
To detect all types of radio frequency, electromagnetic field, and electronic device radiation including but not limited to the following:
A. Wi-Fi Signals B. Radio Waves / RF Signals C. Cell Phone Calls & Messages D. Smart Meter Radiation E. Microwave Radiation F. GSM G. CDMA /WCDMA H. 3G/4G/5G
Some Example Use Cases:
- Detect if there are wireless surveillance devices in your car, office, hotel, vacation rental, or home
- Detect if a phone is bugged (transmits signals for no reason while turned off or on airplane mode)
- Detect an installed GPS tracker on your vehicle (which emits a GPS RF signal)
- Detect if your work environment or residential buildings have rooftop base station radiation or electromagnetic field (EMF)
- Detect the strength of wireless network signals, mobile phone base station signals, and wireless monitoring systems
- Detect if household appliances, such as microwaves, are leaking harmful electromagnetic radiation
- Detect suspicious radio signals
- Detect more subtle signals of 5.8GHz wireless cameras
RADIO FREQUENCY DETECTION - HOW TO USE
Step 1: Now that the detector is turned on, please ensure the Mode Switch is set to “RF” and the RF Antenna is screwed on atop the detector.
Step 2: If your objective is to locate hidden cameras, audio bugs, GPS trackers, or any other spy gadgets in your area, it is recommended to first turn off any sources of radio frequency you are already aware of (i.e. cell phones, Wi-Fi, radios, tablets, and any other Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connected devices). If you do not do this, your own devices may very well cause the KT9000 to beep inadvertently.
Step 3: Slowly turn the sensitivity dial up and down to adjust the sensitivity to your desired level. Turn it all the way up to the max (it will flash and beep) and then slowly turn it down until just after the detector stops beeping. Then the detector is ready for RF signal detection.
Critical Note: The higher you turn the sensitivity dial, the larger the range of detection will be. On the contrary, the lower you keep the sensitivity, the smaller the range of detection will be.
Step 4: Perform a sweep. With the RF detector in hand, walk around your location and slowly approach suspicious objects (i.e. clocks, TVs, phones, cars, pens, chargers, picture frames, etc) meanwhile listening for beeping sounds from the detector.
Critical Note: When the lights illuminate and when the device beeps, this signifies an RF signal has been detected. The faster the beeping and the more lights that illuminate, the stronger & closer the RF signal. The slower the beeping and the fewer lights that illuminate, the weaker & further the RF signal. As you turn the sensitivity dial-up to higher settings (for longer range detection), you will likely hear beeping and see the lights flash which means that an RF signal has been detected by the KT9000 at a longer distance (possibly a neighbor’s Wifi signal or other wireless devices not in your immediate vicinity).
Step 5: During your scan, turn down the sensitivity little by little as you approach suspected RF signals. This allows you to zero in on and exactly diagnose the more specific source of the RF signal (i.e. a hidden camera embedded in a clock or in a cell phone charger).
Critical Note # 2: If a radio frequency emitting device (i.e. hidden camera, audio bug, cell phone, etc.), is not currently turned on or is not currently transmitting data via an RF signal, then the KT9000 will not be able to detect it. In suspicious environments, feel free to leave the detector turned on from some time so that, when / if anything begins to transmit data and emit RF signals, the KT9000 will detect it and alert you by beeping.
To steal information, strong magnetic GPS trackers, audio bugs, or other spy surveillance equipment sometimes contains magnets and may be attached to vehicles or any other metal surface (i.e. under tables, desks, chairs, appliances, or furniture).
To sense magnetic signals transmitted from any spy devices containing a magnet.
Main Example Use Cases:
- Detect Installed GPS trackers on your vehicle (which emit a magnetic signal)
- Detect any other audio bug, hidden tracker, or clandestine camera which is affixed to a surface using a magnet
MAGNETIC DETECTION - HOW TO USE
Step 1: Set the Mode Switch to “MA”
Step 2: Connect the Magnet Probe atop the detector.
Note: The purpose of the magnet probe is to help you locate the exact location of a GPS tracker. It is meant to be stuck up under cars and other difficult-to-reach places. At the tip of the magnet probe, there is a Magnet Sensor and a Discovery Light.
Step 3: Turn on the KT9000 and turn both the Sensitivity Dial and Balance Tuner all the way up to their respective maximums. You will hear ringing.
Critical Note: The purpose of the magnet probe is to help you locate the exact location of a GPS tracker. It is meant to be stuck up under cars and other difficult-to-reach places. At the tip of the magnet probe, there is a magnet sensor and a Discovery Light.
Step 4: Turn down the Balance Tuner until only LED lights #1-5 are illuminated. You will hear the ringing stop which signifies the KT9000 is ready for use in detecting a magnetic field.
Step 5: Perform a sweep. With the RF detector in hand, walk around your location and slowly approach suspicious places (under cars, desks, tables, furniture, etc). The detector will beep when a magnet is located.
Critical Note: If you are concerned about GPS trackers, it is recommended to perform a detailed scan of your car(s). When scanning a car, the most common locations for GPS trackers are under the frame, around the wheels and brakes, and under the bumpers.
Critical Note 2: The distance at which the KT9000 can detect a magnet depends on the strength of the magnet. For stronger magnets like GPS trackers placed on cars, the detection distance may be around 6 inches (i.e. the tip of the magnet probe needs to be about 6 inches or less away from the magnet). However, for weaker magnets, the detection distance may need to be around 1 inch (i.e. the tip of the magnet probe needs to be about 1 inch away from the magnet). As the strength of the magnet will be unknown until detected, it is recommended to perform the magnetic scan very slowly and deliberately.
CAMERA DISCOVERY SCAN
Cameras rely on ambient light to focus images through the optical lens. A hidden camera body will be very camouflaged, but the optical lens can be exposed by shining infrared light on it. A small red dot reflection can be seen when shining infrared light directly at a camera lens.
To visually discover hidden cameras by emitting a red light that allows you to see the optical lenses of hidden cameras because of their reflections.
Example Use Cases:
- Visually scan common locations for hidden cameras such as: hotel rooms, AirBnBs, changing rooms, bathrooms, cars, offices, homes, ATMs, etc.
- Visually scan common items which may contain hidden cameras such as: clocks, cell phones, smoke detectors, chargers, glasses, TV, screens, pens, piggy banks, light fixtures, etc.
CAMERA DISCOVERY SCAN - HOW TO USE
Step 1: Turn on the Camera Finder.
Step 2: Press the Infrared Light Switch to change the frequency at which the light flashes.
Note: Depending on the environment, flashing light may make it easier to visually identify the reflection from a camera lens. However, it is recommended to keep the red infrared lights continuously on when doing a camera scan.
Step 3: Close one eye and look through the front side of the red optical lens with the 4 infrared lights facing outward.
Step 4: Perform a scan for cameras by walking slowly around the room/area while looking through the red optical lens at a 90-degree viewing angle to visually discover cameras.
Critical Note: When you look at a camera lens through the red optical lens of the Camera Finder, you will see a SMALL RED DOT REFLECTION which the hidden camera lens is reflecting the infrared light back at you. If you see light reflected at you or any red dots, you may have found a hidden camera.
Critical Note 2: The KT9000 Camera Finder best locates hidden cameras when the viewing angle is directly in front of the hidden camera. For example, if you are looking at a camera through the Optical Lens from a side angle, the hidden camera will not reflect the light as well and may not show the aforementioned red dot. Therefore, rather than scanning a room at many different angles, it is recommended to walk around the room and scan at a 90-degree angle (i.e. face objects & walls directly in a perpendicular way)..
CONSIDERATIONS & PRECAUTIONS
- There is an alternative “Auto Scan” Radio Frequency detection option which can be accessed by pressing the “Run” button. However, the use of this “Auto Scan” function is for professional use only and is not recommended.
- This Anti-Spy Detector is intended for indoor use. While scanning, strong Wi-Fi signals, base stations, signal amplifiers, or your neighbor’s devices may cause false alarms. Pay very close attention to distinguish between false alarms and true alarms
- Spy devices and equipment used for secret photography, eavesdropping, or tracking may not always be turned on and the installer may be able to remotely activate them. There may not be any detection when initially using the KT9000 if surveillance devices are powered off. In suspicious environments, leave on the detector and place it nearby. If an operator turns on a secret surveillance device, the KNIGHT anti-spy detector will detect the radio frequency emitted by the device and will beep to notify you.
- DO NOT use chemicals or solvents to clean this device as any chemical exposure can interfere with performance.
- DO NOT put water or other liquids on or near the product to avoid electrical damage.
- DO NOT allow unauthorized modification or repair of this product.
- DO NOT take apart or disassemble this detector. Doing so may damage the product and will invalidate the warranty.
CHARGING & POWER
- To charge the KT9000, while turned off plug it in using the provided charging cord. You will see an ORANGE light illuminate on the bottom of the device as it charges. See picture below.
- It will take up to 2 hours for the detector to receive a full charge. Upon becoming fully charged, the ORANGE light will turn off.
- Once fully charged, the KT9000 will last up to 45 hours.
1MHz – 12GHz
Detection Dynamic Range
≤0.03mw (Main Frequency)
2.4GHz Wireless Camera Detection Range
25m2 (Standard 10mW Camera)
1.2GHz Wireless Camera Detection Range
36m2 (Standard 10mW Camera)
Cellphone Signal Detection Range
Magnetic Detection Sensitivity
10 Level LED Lights + Sound
Built-in 3.7V 1500mAH Lithium Polymer Battery
|Net Weight||0.4 lb|
|Dimensions||4.9 x 2.0 x 0.8 Inches|
While this product can reduce your risk of harm by increasing your awareness of privacy invasions, it can in no way guarantee your privacy, health or safety. Please do not depend on this detector alone to improve your health or quality of life. For more information, please go to website.
The use or misuse of this anti-spy detector is conditioned upon the user’s agreement that in no event shall the manufacturer, importer, reseller, or distributor of this detector be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special consequential damages, to property or life, whatsoever arising out of or connected with the use of this anti-spy detector.